IU Innovation Center, Room 256
- CIIT Centers for Health Research, RTP, NC, PD, , 1991
- Medical University of Ohio, PD, , 1982
- University of Maryland, Ph.D., 1980
- Montclair State University, M.A., 1976
- 2010 - George Scott Toxicologist Award
- 2009 - The H. Scott Memorial Award
- 2008-2012 - Member, Cancer Etiology Study Section, NCI/NIH
- 2005-2010 - Robert B. Forney Professor and Director of Toxicology, Indiana University
- 2003 - Sagamore of the Wabash, (Highest award for Service to the State from Indiana Governor)
- 2002 - Kenneth P. DuBois Award, Midwest Toxicologist of the Year, Midwest Society of Toxicology
- 2001 - IU Trustee Teaching Excellence Award
- 1991-2003 - Director, State Department of Toxicology, State Toxicologist, State of Indiana
Dr. Klaunig's research interests are dedicated to understanding the mechanisms of chemically induced toxicology and carcinogenesis with emphasis on human health and genetic and environmental factors affection human risk. His research has been supported by the NIH, USEPA, DOD, ACS, and non federal sources.
Roberts, R.A., Ganey, P.E., Ju, C., Kamendulis, L.M., Rusyn, I. Klaunig, J.E. (2007). Role of the Kupffer cell in mediating hepatic toxicity and carcinogenesis. Toxicological Sciences 96(1), 2-15.
Calabrese, E.J., Mattson, M. P., Klaunig, J.E., et al. (2007) Biological stress response terminology: Integrating the concepts of adaptive response and preconditioning stress within a hormetic dose-response framework. Journal of Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 222, 122-128.
DePeyster, A., Rodriguez, Y., Shuto, R., Goldberg, B., Gonzales, F., Pu, X., Klaunig, J.E. (2008). Effect of oral methyl-t-butyl ether (MTBE) on the male mouse reproductive tract and oxidative stress in liver. Reproductive Toxicology , 26(3-4), 246-253.
Klaunig, J.E., Kamendulis, L.M., Hocevar, B.A. (2010). Oxidative stress and damage in carcinogenesis. Tox. Path. 38:96-109.
(2009 Dec 17. Epub ahead of print) Pu, X., Kamendulis, L.M., Klaunig, J.E. (2009). Acrylonitrile-induced oxidative stress and oxidative DNA damage in male Sprague-Dawley Rats. Toxicological Sciences, 111(1), 64-71.
Lee, L., Alloosh, M., Saxena, R., Van Alstine, W., Watkins, B., Klaunig, J.E., Sturek, M., Chalasani, N. (2009) Nutritional model of steatohepatitis and metabolic syndrome in the Ossabaw Island miniature swine. Hepatology 50(1), 56-67.