David K. Lohrmann
Applied Health Science
Applied Health Science
- University of Michigan, Ph.D., 1981
- University of Michigan, M.A., 1975
- University of Michigan, B.S., 1970
- H352 Secondary School Health Curriculum and Strategies
- H452 Secondary School Health Strategies and Assessment
- H464 Coordinated School Health Programs
- H502 Instructional Strategies for School and College Health
- H510 Organization of School Health Programs
- H601 Curriculum Development for School and College Health
- American Association for Health Education AAHE Scholar Award (highest award for scholarly publications and presentations over a number of years)
- American School Health Association, William A. Howe Award (highest award for career service to school health)
- Former President, American School Health Association
- Primary Consultant for an Association for Supervision and CurriculumDevelopment Project, funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- American Cancer Society Award of Excellence
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award
School health promotion programs, school health education, alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse prevention
Lohrmann, D.K. (2010). Creating a Healthy School Using the Healthy School Report Card: An ASCD Action Tool (2nd Ed.) Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
DeWitt, N., Lohrmann, D.K., O'Neill, J., Clark, J.K. (2011). A Qualitative Analysis of Success Stories from Michiana Coordinated School Health Leadership Institute Participants. Journal of School Health. 81(12), 727-732.
Herbert, P., Lohrmann, D.K. (2011) It's All in the Delivery: An Analysis of Instructional Strategies from Effective Health Education Curricula, Journal of School Health. 81(5) 258-264.
Lohrmann, D.K. (2008). A complimentary ecological model of coordinated school health promotion. Public Health Reports. 123(6) 695-703.
Sherwood-Puzzello, C., Miller, M., Lohrmann, D.K., Gregory, P. (2007). Implementation of CDC's School Health Index in Three Mid-West Middle Schools: Motivation for Change. Journal of School Health. 77(6) 285-293.
Lohrmann, D.K. (2006). Process evaluation for school health professionals. Journal of School Health 76(4) 154-155.
Lohrmann, D.K., Alter, R.J., Greene, R., Younoszai, T. (2005). Long-term impact of a district-wide school/community-based substance abuse prevention initiative on gateway drug use. Journal of Drug Education 35(3), 233-253.
Alter, R.J., Lohrmann, D.K. (2005). Building support for coordinated school health programs. Health Educator 37(1), 3-7.