Coordinator, Therapeutic Outdoor Programs
Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of Public Health-Bloomington
- University of Oregon, Ph.D.
- Eastern Kentucky University, M.S.
- Oakland University, B.A.
- R270 Inclusive Recreation Services
- R504, R345 Therapeutic Outdoor Instructorship
- R564, R342 Intro to Therapeutic Outdoor Programs
• Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, 1987-present
• Item Writer, National Center for Therapeutic Recreation Certification, 1997, 2007
• Vice-Chairperson, Inclusive Recreation Advisory Council, City of Bloomington Parks & Recreation, present
• Production Editor, Journal of Experiential Education, 2000-2005
• Vice-Chairperson— Prince George Northern Lights Chapter: British Columbia
• Therapeutic Recreation Association (BCTRA) 1996-1998
• Grants Facilitator, Dept of RPTS, 2002-2005
Dr. Voight's research and publications have involved motivation, theory-based processing, and social-psychology of leisure, therapeutic outdoor programs and emotionally disturbed youth, adventure programs and salient benefits, and best practices in accessibility of recreation programs and facilities.
Voight, A., Robb, G., Skulski, J., Getz, D., & Sharven, D. Best practices of accessibility in parks and recreation: A Delphi survey of national experts in accessibility. Bloomington, IN: National Center on Accessibility, Indiana University, 2008.
Inclusive Recreation, Chapter 17, Inclusive Adventure, Voight, A., & Ewert, A., Human Kinetics: Champaign-Urbana, IL, (In Press). Inclusive Recreation, Chapter 18, Inclusive Travel, Tourism, & Amusements, Voight, A., & Cole, S. Human Kinetics: Champaign-Urbana, IL, (In Press).
"Best Practices for Accessibility in Parks and Recreation." Presented at the Indiana State Parks and Recreation Conference, Bloomington, Indiana, (January 22, 2009).
"A Discussion of the Efficacy of Therapeutic Outdoor Programs: Current Issues and Future Research Trends," Presented at the School of Physical Education, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, (October 10, 2008).
Voight, A., & Ewert, A. "Perceived Salience and Outcomes Ratings from Participation in an Outdoor Adventure Expedition" [Abstract]. Proceedings of the 12th Canadian Congress on Leisure Research, Concordia University, Montréal, Québec, Canada, (May 13-16, 2008).
Ewert, A., Voight, A., Calvin, D., & Hayashi, A. "Outdoor programs and environmental beliefs: Investigating the stability of outcomes and levels of salience." USDA Forest service Proceedings (Report no. RMRS-P-49). (2007).
Voight, A., & Ewert, A. Theory-based Processing in Therapeutic Wilderness Camping: Facilitation Techniques in Achieving Outcomes. Journal of Therapeutic Wilderness Camping, 6, no.1 (2007): 13-18.
Voight, A. "Therapeutic Use of Public Land," Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Society and resource Management, Park City, Utah. (June 17-21, 2007): 457.