Lecturer/Emergency Care Academic Director
Applied Health Science Department
- H.S.D at Indiana University, 2003
- M.P.H. at Indiana University, 1999
- M.S. at Indiana University, 1988
- B.S. at Wilmington College of Ohio, 1987
• Chair - Violence and Injury Prevention Committee for American School Health Association (ASHA) - current
• Member of the Future Leaders Academy for ASHA - current
• Coach - Michiana II - School Health Institute for American Cancer Society - current
• Facilitator - Michiana I - School Health Institute for American Cancer Society - 2004-2007
• Instructor - American Red Cross - 1989-current
• Instructor Trainer - American Red Cross - 1993-current
Unintentional injury care and prevention; American Red Cross and American Heart Association operations; violence and public health; coordinated school health programs (especially in higher education).
Muise, B., Seo, D. C., Blair, E. and Applegate, T. (2009). Mold Spore Penetration through Wall Service Outlets: A Pilot Study. Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment.
Applegate, T., Boyle, L., Holton, E., Karcz, A., Skala, K. (2008). CPR/AED Skill Retention Among College Students.
Docherty, C., Fox, J., Schrader, J., Applegate, T. (2006) Eccentric plantar flexor strength deficits in subjects with functional ankle instability. Journal of Athletic Training.
Smith, M. L., Applegate, T., and Seo, D.C. (2006). A Preliminary Awareness Study of Tobacco Issues Among College Students. American Journal of Health Studies, 21(4).
Applegate, T. & Torabi, M. (2003). Promoting college health learning using the Coordinated School Health Programs (CSHP) model as a guide.
Courses Recently Taught
H160 First Aid and Emergency Care
H460 Practicum in First Aid Instruction
H174 - Violence in American Society