Joseph S. Chen
Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies Department
- Ph.D. at Pennsylvania State University, 1996
- M.A. at George Washington University, 1986
- B.A. at Chinese Culture University, 1982
- Principle Investigator, National Science Foundation Grant
- Co-Investigator, Norwegian Research Council Grant
- Co-founding chair, International Conference on Hospitality and Leisure Applied Research (I-CHLAR)
- Editor-in-Chief, Advances in Hospitality and Leisure
- Recipient, W. Bradford Wiley Memorial Research Award
- Recipient, The Best Article of the Year Award by the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research
- U.S. Fulbright Senior Scholar
Hospitality and Tourism Marketing, International Tourism
Sloan, P., Legrand, W., & Chen, J.S. (2009). Sustainability in the Hospitality industry: Principle of Sustainable Operations. Butterworth Hammer: London.
Chen, J.S., Legrand, W. & Sloan, P. (2008). Managers' perspectives on provision on healthy meals in resort hotels. FIU Hospitality Review, 26(2), 19-25.
Gherissi-Labben, T., Chen, J.S., & Johnson, C, (2008). Youth tourists' lodging and dining preferences. Tourism Analysis, 13(5/6), 499-509.
Sloan, P., Legrand, & Chen, J.S. (2008). Factors affecting the choices young people make when selecting healthy food: A conceptual model. Journal of Culinary Science and Technology, 6(2-3), 1-15.
Chen, J.S., Prebensen, N, & Huan T.C. (2008) Determining the motivation of wellness travelers. ANATOLIA: An International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, 19(1), 103-115.
Courses Recently Taught
T590 Research Method in HPER
R522 Marketing in PRTS
R352 Resort Management
R252 Lodging Management