Nancy T. Ellis
Applied Health Science Department
- H.S.D at Indiana University, 1979
- M.P.H. at Indiana University, 1988
- M.S. at Indiana University, 1971
- B.S. at West Chester University, 1969
- Journal Reviewer: American Journal of Health Education
- Behavioral Health Science Coordinator and Faculty, Department of Public Health, School of Medicine, Indiana University/Purdue University at Indianapolis
- K-12 Health Education Coordinator, Lawrence County Community Schools, Bedford, Indiana.
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for Children in Need of Special Services. Owen County, Indiana
- Trustees Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, Indiana University
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Ball State University
- Grant Co-Investigator with M.Torbabi, M. Tappe, M. Wantz, "Meeting Critical Needs in Comprehensive School Health Education for Grades 5-8 in Indiana: A Collaborative Effort in Teacher and School Personnel Training by Indiana Universities and State Agencies, U.S. Department of Education, $248, 490.
Research focusing on women's and adolescent's health risk behaviors with implications for school and community health interventions. More recently incorporating faith based research related to the above populations.
Guyler, Lilliana, & Ellis, Nancy (2004). "Acculturation, Health Protective Sexual Communication and HIV/AIDS Risk Behavior among Hispanic Latino Women in a Large Midwestern City." Health Education and Behavior.
Seo, Dong Chul, Torabi, Mohammad, Blair Earl, and Ellis, Nancy. (2004). "A Cross Validation of Safety Climate Scale Using Confirmatory Factor Analytic Approach." Journal of Safety Research, 25(4), 427-445.
Ellis, Nancy (2000). "Risks and Co-Factors Among Women Related to HIV Infection and AIDS Treatment." The Health Education Monograph Series, 18(1), 6-15.
Massad, Susan, Shier, Nathan, Ellis, Nancy (1995). High School Athletes and Nutritional Supplements: A Study of Knowledge and Use." International Journal of Sport Nutrition, 5, 232-245.
Ellis, Nancy, & Torabi, Mohammad (1994). "Adolescent Health Concerns and Influences in Indiana." The Health Educator, Fall, 5-10.
Ellis, Nancy & Torabi, Mohammad (1994). "Pevalence of Adolescent Health Risk Behaviors: School Health Implications." Journal of School Nursing, 10(4), 25-33.
Ellis, Nancy & Torabi, Mohammad (1992). "HIV/AIDS Education in Indiana Public Schools, Grades 7-12."
Journal of School Health 62(3), 93-96.
Ellis, Nancy (1992). "Carcinogenicity of Solar and Tanning Booth Radiation: School and Community Health Interventions.) Journal of Health Education 23(5), 260-266
Ellis, Nancy (1991). "Women and Impaired Fertility: Intervention Implications for Health Educators." The Eta Sigma Gamman, Fall, 15-19.
Jones, Herb, Ellis, Nancy, Tappe, Marlene, Lindsay, Gordan (1991). "HIV Related Beleifs, Knowledge and Behaviors of Ninth and Eleventh Grade Public School Students." Journal of Health Education 22(1), 12-18.
Courses Recently Taught
- H642 Internships in Health Promotion
- H640 Research in Health Education
- H522 Promoting Women's Health
- H500 Foundations and Principles of Health Education
- H305 Women's Health
- C501 Program Planning in Public Health