Lecturer - Contemporary Dance Program
- M.F.A. at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2005
- B.A. at Columbia College Chicago, 1998
- Chicago's Ruth Page Award for Artistic Excellence in Dance 2000
- Presented research paper, Choreographing Murals in Indiana: the Public Art of Lester Horton and Thomas Hart Benton at the Society of Dance History Scholars Annual Conference at Stanford University, June 2009.
- Received a full scholarship to attend the Bill Evans/Brockport Dance Teacher's Intensive, and the Hands-On Workshop: Developing a Personal Pedagogy of Dance Technique, July 2009 and has undertaken the six year program to become certified to teach the Bill Evans Laban based Method Modern Dance Technique.
- Indiana University's Fran Snygg Award for Artistic Collaboration for her choreography, Land/Marks, created for the IU Dance Theatre's Annual Faculty Concert, January 2009.
- Indiana University's Fran Snygg Award for Dance, in support of Laban based movement training and certification, January 2009
- Performed solo improvisation with collaborator Andrew Bucksbarg at the International Symposium of Improvised Music in Denver, Colorado, December 2008.
- Presented the master class Performance Scores for Dance Improvisation at the American College Dance Festival, East Central Regional Conference, University of Akron, March 2009
- Presented the master class From Horst to Humphrey, to Judson and Beyond: Historic Traditions for Dance Composition and the lecture, The Crystallization of American Modern Dance: Sokolow, Taylor and Lewitzky, 1955-1965, at the American College Dance Festival, East Central Regional Conference, Western Michigan University, March 2008.
American dance history, dance improvisation, site specific dance and performance, contact improvisation, perceptual awareness in dance and movement, Laban Movement Analysis
Courses Recently Taught
D332 Twentieth Century Concert Dance History
D461 Methods of Movement Analysis
D200 Dance in Elementary Education
D121 Methods of Movement Improvisation
D331 Dance: Art Form and Experience
D462 Dance Summary
D421 Choreographic Performance Project
Related News Stories