Larry R Newton
Applied Health Science Department
- B.S. in Physics/Math at Indiana University, 1964
- Post Graduate in Chemistry at Indiana University
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, American Board of Industrial Hygiene (Certificate #6962)
- Certified Safety Professional, Board of Certified Safety Professionals (Certificate #15691)
- President of Safety and Health Services, Inc., Consulting Service for IAQ, Safety, and Industrial Hygiene)
- Corporate Manager of Industrial Hygiene, Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Atlanta, GA
- Technical Chairman of Formaldehyde Institute, SOCMA, Washington, D.C.
- Research & Development Manager of Analytical Chemistry, Building Products, and Wood Adhesives, Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Decatur, GA
- Borden Award for Research in Wood Adhesives and Formaldehyde Emission Testing
- Distinguished Scientist Award, Georgia-Pacific Corporation
- Chemist, Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Vienna, GA
- Chemist, Commercial Solvents Corporation
Green Building Indoor Air Quality:
- Residential and building standards development
- Performance standards
- Methods Development for quantifying indoor pollutants
- Building materials VOC emissions testing
"Fiber Release During the Removal of Asbestos-Containing Gaskets: A Work Practice Simulation", Applied Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, Vol. 17, Number 1, January 2002.
"Elevated Bioaerosols in Manufactured and Conventional Homes", 1991, 3rd Inhalation Symposium Hanover, FRG
"Large Scale Test Chamber Methodology for Urea-Formaldehyde Bonded Wood Products", 1986 ACS Symposium Series, 316, pages 154-187
"Iowa Study of Residences for Formaldehyde", 1986, University of Iowa
"Formaldehyde Emission from Wood Products", 16th Annual Particleboard Symposium, 1982, Washington State University
Courses Recently Taught
S251 "Incident Investigation and Analysis"
S345 "Safety Program Management"
S411 "Industrial Hygiene Laboratory"