- Carnegie Mellon University, Ph.D. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, 2011
- Carnegie Mellon University, Ph.D. in Engineering & Public Policy, 2011
- Carnegie Mellon University, M.S. in Machine Learning, 2011
- Carnegie Mellon University, M.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, 2007
- University of Science & Technology Beijing, B. Eng in Environmental Engineering, 2006
- 8/2014 - present, Assistant Professor of Environmental Health
- 12/2014 - present, Chair, Dose-Response Specialty Group, Society of Risk Analysis
- 12/2013 - 11/2014, Chair-Elect, Dose-Response Specialty Group, Society of Risk Analysis
- 8/2011 - 7/2014, ORISE Postdoctoral Fellow, US EPA National Center for Environmental Assessment
- 12/2011- 11/2013, Vice Chair, Dose-Response Specialty Group, Society for Risk Analysis
- 5/2011 - 7/2011, Researcher, Event and Pattern Detection Lab, Carnegie Mellon University
- 8/2006 - 5/2011, Research and Teaching Assistant, College of Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
Dr. Shao's recent research interests have been focused on advancing human health risk assessment to support environmental policy making. He is particularly interested in improving dose-response analysis through advanced analytics.
For more information please visit my webpage.
Shao, K; JS Gift. Model Uncertainty and Bayesian Model Averaged Benchmark Dose Estimation for Continuous Data. Risk Analysis. 2014, 34(1): 101-120.
Antonelli, R*, Shao, K*, DJ Thomas, R Sams II, J Cowden. AS3MT, GSTO, and PNP polymorphisms: Impact on arsenic methylation and implications for disease susceptibility. Environmental Research. 2014. 132: 156-167. (*indicates equal contribution)
Shao, K; JS Gift,; RW Setzer. Is the Assumption of Normality or Lognormality for Continuous Response Data Critical for BMD Estimation? Toxicology & Applied Pharmacology. 2013. 272(3): 767-779.
Shao, K; MJ Small. A Statistical Evaluation of Toxicological Experiment Design for the Bayesian Model Averaged Benchmark Dose Estimation in Dichotomous Data. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, 2012, 18(5): 1096-1119.
Shao, K. A Comparison of Three Methods for Integrating Historical Information for Bayesian Model Averaged Benchmark Dose Estimation. Environmental Toxicology & Pharmacology, 2012, 34(2): 288-96.
Shao, K; MJ Small. Potential Uncertainty Reduction in Model Averaged Benchmark Dose Estimates informed by an Additional Dose Study. Risk Analysis, 2011, 31(10): 1561-75.
Shao, K; Y Liu; DB Neill. A Generalized Fast Subset Sums Framework for Bayesian Event Detection. Data Mining (ICDM), 2011 IEEE 11th International Conference. Dec 2011, Vancouver, Canada: 617-625.