- Marmara University, Turkey, Ph.D. in the Institute of Health Science in Sport Education Program, 1990
- Loughborough University, England, M.Sc. in Human Biology, 1980
- Leeds University, England, HND in Physical Education, 1979
- Leeds University, England, C.Ed. in Physical Education, 1978
- SPH K533 Advanced Theories of High Level Performance
- SPH K355 Theories of Conditioning for Coaching
- Dean/Director: School of Sport Sciences and Technology Hacettepe University, 1994-2012
- Head of Sport Sciences Program, School of Sport Sciences and Technology Hacettepe University, 1999-2014
- General Secretary: Turkish Ant-Doping Foundation, 2008-2012
- Head of Education Commission of Turkish National Olympic Committee, 1995-2004
- Vice Director: School of Sport Sciences and Technology Hacettepe University, 1992-1994
- National Head Coach: Turkish Track and Field Federation, 1985-1987
- Director: Research and development Department 19 May Youth and Sports Academy, 1981-1982
- Founder Member and member of International Council of Coaching Education
- Member of Turkish National Olympic Committee
- Founder President and Member of Turkish Sport Sciences Association
- Founder Member of Ruling Committee for Turkish Sports For All Federation, 1990-1991.
- Member of Ruling Committee for Turkish Turkish Track and Field Athletics Federation, 1991-1992.
- Member of Ruling Committee for Turkish Track and Field Athletics Federation, 1993-1994.
- Founder Member of Turkish Ruling Committee for University Sports Federation, 1996-1997.
- Head of Education Commission of Turkish Track and Field Federation, 1998-2006
- Head of Education Commission of Turkish Skiing Federation, 2007-2014
- Head of Education Commission of Turkish Archery Federation, 2007-2012
- Head of Education Commission of Turkish Volleyball Federation, 2008-2012
- Member of Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, Senate Ethics Committee, 1994-2012.
- Member of Hacettepe University Senate, Ankara, Turkey, 1994-2012.
Training and Competition Physio-mechanical Testing and Monitoring of High Level Athletes, Periodization Problems in High Level Sports, Physio-mechanical Factors Affecting High Level Sport, Physio-mechanical Adaptation to High Level Training.
Güvenç A, Aslan A, Açıkada C. (2013). Patterns and levels of objectively measured physical activity in 8-10-year-old Turkish children: Relation to components of health-related fitness. Pediatrics International 55, 629–636.
Mavi̇li̇, S., Şahi̇n-Bozer, Z., Hazir, T., Karaton, S., Açikada, C. (2013). The Interaction between Training and Age at Menarche in Turkish Female Athletes. Hacettepe Journal of Sport Sciences, 24 (3), 199–208.
Aslan A, Açıkada C, Güvenç A, Gören H, Hazır T, and Özkara A. (2012). Metabolic demands of match performance in young soccer players. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 11, 170-179.
Güvenç A, Açıkada C, Aslan A, and Özer K. (2011). Daily physical activity and physical fitness in 11-to 15-year-old trained and untrained Turkish boys. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 10, 502-514. http://www.jssm.org.
Akyildiz, A., Açikada, C. (2011). Fitness Related Parameters of Classical Ballet Dancers as Athletes Performing Art: A Brief Review. Hacettepe J . of Sport Sciences, 22 (1), 33–42
Aslan, A., Güvenç, A., Hazir, T., Aşçi, A., Açikada, C. (2011). Comparison of Metabolic Responses to Various Endurance Protocols. Hacettepe J. of Sport Sciences, 22 (3), 124–138.