Senior Lecturer/Emergency Care Program Coordinator
Applied Health Science
- Indiana University, H.S.D,, 2003
- Indiana University, M.P.H., 1999
- Indiana University, M.S., 1988
- Wilmington College of Ohio, B.S., 1987
- H160 First Aid and Emergency Care
- H460 Practicum in First Aid Instruction
- H174 Violence in American Society
- Member and Fellow of American School Health Association (ASHA)
- Member of Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
- Eta Sigma Gamma (National Health Education Honorary) IUB Faculty Sponsor
- Instructor and Faculty for American Heart Association (AHA)
Unintentional injury care and prevention; American Red Cross and American Heart Association operations; violence and public health; coordinated school health programs (especially in higher education).
Keep it Simple: Trent Applegate's Tips for using Powerpoint - Blog for "The Pulse" ASHA newsletter.
O'Connor, B., Wells, C., and Applegate, T. (2012). You and your world: A college Health Education E-Textbook. Total Health Publications. Location: Purchase
Muise, B., Seo, D. C., Blair, E. and Applegate, T. (2009). Mold Spore Penetration through Wall Service Outlets: A Pilot Study. Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment.
Applegate, T., Boyle, L., Holton, E., Karcz, A., Skala, K. (2008). CPR/AED Skill Retention Among College Students.
Docherty, C., Fox, J., Schrader, J., Applegate, T. (2006) Eccentric plantar flexor strength deficits in subjects with functional ankle instability. Journal of Athletic Training.
Smith, M. L., Applegate, T., and Seo, D.C. (2006). A Preliminary Awareness Study of Tobacco Issues Among College Students. American Journal of Health Studies, 21(4).
Applegate, T. & Torabi, M. (2003). Promoting college health learning using the Coordinated School Health Programs (CSHP) model as a guide.