Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
- Nova Southeastern University, Ed.D., 2013
- Stetson University, MBA, 2008
- Indiana University, B.S., 2004
- SPH R311 Managment in RPT
- SPH T203 Intro to Lodging Managment
- SPH T301 Sustainable Tourism
- Assistant Director, Indiana University Athletics Dining Services (2014-2015)
- Operations Training Manager, Disney's Animal Kingdom (2012-2014)
- Area Manager Restaurants, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge (2010-2012)
- Guest Services Manager, Epcot and Magic Kingdom (2004-2010)
- Instructor F&B Management and Sales and Marketing, Valencia College, Orlando, FL (2009-2014)
- Introductory Sommelier, 2009
My research interests include managerial leadership styles of those in theme parks, resorts, and restaurants; and how those leadership styles impact the employee experience, which in turn impacts the guest experience.
Howell, B. D(2013). An examination of demographic characteristics, preferred managerial leadership style, and managerial effectiveness of full-service lodging managers in Florida. (Order No. 3577376, Nova Southeastern University). ProQuest Dissertations and Theses, 97.