- Indiana University, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, PD, , 1996
- Indiana University, Dept of Pathology, PD, , 1995
- University of New Mexico, Ph.D., 1994
- University of Massachusetts, B.S., 1989
- 1996 - 2001 - Assistant Director, Department of Toxicology, State of Indiana
- 2001 - 2003 - Associate Director, Department of Toxicology, State of Indiana
- 2003 - 2004 - Deputy Director, Department of Toxicology, State of Indiana
- 1996 - 2004 - Assistant Scientist, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana University School of Medicine; Assistant Professor (Part-time) Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana University School of Medicine
- 2005-2010 - Assistant Professor (research track), Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana University, School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- 2005-present - Associate Member, Indiana University Cancer Center
- 2007-2010 - Member, Indiana University Center for Environmental Health
As an environmental Toxicologist, my research has focused on determining the cellular and molecular mechanisms that underlie disease development and progression. Areas of expertise include 1) assessment of oxidative stress, including both analytical quantitation and biochemical characterization; 2) epigenetic modifications and gene regulation and 3) role of inflammatory processes in disease progression.
Roberts, RA, Ganey, PE, Ju, C, Kamendulis, L.M., Rusyn, I, Klaunig, JE (2007). Role of the Kupffer cell in mediating hepatic toxicity and carcinogenesis. Toxicol. Sci. 96(1):2-15
Klaunig, J.E., Kamendulis, L.M., and Hocevar, B.A. (2010) Oxidative stress and damage in chemical carcinogenesis. Toxicological Pathology. 38: 96-109.
Kamendulis L.M., Corthals SM, Klaunig JE (2010). Kupffer cells participate in 2-butoxyethanol-induced liver hemangiosarcoma. Toxicology 270: 131-136.
Vuppalanchi, R, Juluri, R, Bell, L, Ghabril, M, Kamendulis, L., Klaunig, JE, Saxena R, Agrawal D, Johnson, MS, Chalasani N (2010). Oxidative stress in chronic liver disease: Relationship between peripheral and hepatic measurements. Amer. J. Med. Sci. (in press).
Klaunig, J.E., Kamendulis, L.M. (2010) Carcinogenicity. In Lamb, J. (Ed.) Comprehensive Toxicology 2nd Edition. (in press).