Applied Health Science
- Hacettepe University, Ph.D., 1997
- Hacettepe University, M.S., 1992
- Ankara University, B.S., 1989
- N120 Introduction to Foods
- N220 Nutrition for Health
- N231 Human Nutrition
- N440 Research in Nutrition/Dietetics
- H235 Obesity and Health
- K638 Biochemical Adaptation to Exercise
- Faculty, Department of Applied Health Science, Indiana University, Fall 2006- present
- Visiting faculty, Department of Applied Health Science, Indiana University, April 2002- present
- Part-time Research Scientist, Department of Kinesiology, Indiana University, November 2002- present
- Senior Scientist, QC, KP Pharmaceutical Technology, Bloomington, Indiana, April 1999-April 2001
- FDA-regulated Current Good Manufacturing Practices for Pharmaceuticals (cGMP) Training Session, October 1999
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Medical Sciences Program, School of Medicine, Indiana University, May 1997-March 1999
Dr. Ray's research interests are in the field of nutrition, eating behavior, and diet related diseases. She has been active in obesity research especially in Freshman 15 and Obesity Prevention and Treatment. She has presented her research at major international conferences.
Nephew, K. P., Ray, S., Hlaing, M., Ahluwalia, A., Wu, S. D., Long, X., Hyder, S., & Bigsby, R. M. (2002). Expression of estrogen receptor coactivators in the rat uterus. Biology of Reproduction, 63, 361-367.
Ray, S., Mickleborough, Timothy, & Brown, J. L. Comparison of the properties of rare variants of 1-Proteinase inhibitor expressed in COS-1 cells and assessment of their potential as risk factors in human disease. Journal of Biochemica, Biophysica Acta, Molecular basis of disease, 1740, 2005, 390-402.
Mickleborough, T. D., Lindley, M. R. and Ray, S. Dietary salt, airway inflammation and diffusion capacity in exercise-induced asthma. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 2005, 904-914.
Stanford, K. I., Mickleborough, T.D., Ray, S., Lindley, M. R., Koceja, D. M., & Stager, J. M. (2006, April). Influence of menstrual cycle phase on pulmonary function in asthmatic athletes. Eur J Appl Physiol, 96(6), 703-710.