Assistant Dean for Student Academic Affairs
School of Public Health-Bloomington
- Purdue University, B.A., 1971
- University of Washington-Seattle, M.S., 1975
- Indiana University, H.S.D., 1993
- A581 - Athletic Training Principles for the Spine
- A387 - Injury Management for Dancers
- A585 - Rehabilitation and Conditioning of Athletes
- Excellent resource in all areas of sports medicine including injury and injury prevention, children and adolescents in athletics, nutrition, conditioning, and the treatment of orthopedic and other musculoskeletal injuries.
Awards & Honors
- Licensed Athletic Trainer, Indiana State Board of Health
- Nationally Certified Athletic Trainer
- Indiana Athletic Trainers Hall of Fame Inductee, 1995
- National Athletic Trainers Hall of Fame, 1998
- Sagamore of the Wabash, 1989
- Expertise in Sports Medicine and Performing Arts Medicine
- National Expert on Implement Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization Techniques
- Ankle Instability
- Performing Arts
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
M. Terry Carey-Loghmani, PhD, PT, MTC, John W. Schrader, HSD, LAT, ATC, Warren I. Hammer, MS, DC, DABCO (2010). Graston Technique® M1 Instruction Manual , 3rd Edition.
Docherty, D.L., VanDerPol, B., Simon, J., Schrader, J. (2013). Prevalence of Chronic Ankle Instability of High School and Division 1 Athletes. Foot & Ankle Specialist.
Smith B., Simon,J., Docherty,C.,Schrader, J., Klossner, J. (2012). Six week strength training protocol on the strength development and low-load force sense. Journal of Athletic Training. 47(3): 282-288.
Walter H.,Docherty, C., Schrader, J. (2011). A comparison of ground reaction forces on ballet dancers landing in flat shoes versus pointe shoes. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science. 15(2): 61-64.
Henry G., McLoda, E., Docherty, C., Schrader, J. (2010). The Effect of Plyometric Training at the Ankle on Peroneal Muscle Reaction Timeâ€, Journal of Sport Rehabilitation. 9(3) 288-300.
Goldman, S., Brininger, T., Schrader, J., Curtis, M., Koceja, D. (2009). Analysis of Clinical Motor Testing for Adult Patients With Diagnosed Ulnar Neuropathy at the Elbow. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol 90 1846-1852.
Goldman, S., Brininger, T., Schrader, J., Koceja, D. (2009). A Review of Clinical Tests and Signs for the Assessment of Ulnar Neuropathy. Journal of Hand Therapy. September 209-220.